Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Spencer coming out of his shell"

Spencer gave the opening prayer in Primary today. One of the Primary leaders that was conducting told Spencer that she was so proud of him for coming out of his shell. After church I told him how proud I was of him for having the courage to get up in Primary and say a prayer because he didn't want to say it (yes, I finally succombed to bribing him with a popsicle). I reminded him what Sister Walthall told him about coming out of his shell. He said, "No, I didn't....I dropped my shell." I then realized that he was either talking about seashells or the snail shells that are outside of our house. Summer loves to pick up the snail shells and talk to them calling them "Gary." Spencer on the other hand loves to smash them by jumping on them. Boys are definitely different than girls!! His cute little answers constantly remind me of how literal kids are.

No comments: