Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thanks and due date

Thanks so much to you many friends for your support. I feel really stupid because everything really is OK. I just felt like blogging about it because I was in awe of Heavenly Father's tender mercies.

My official due date is December 31st. Since it is a c-section the dr. said that they schedule those a week before my due date. When I got home I looked at the calendar and noticed that that puts me at Christmas Eve. I am pretty sure that they won't schedule it for that day. We would really like to have the baby before Christmas (especially Summer). Talk about the perfect Christmas gift! We look forward to a quiet (with some baby cries) Christmas with our little family just relaxing and enjoying the new baby. Summer and Spencer are so excited about the baby. Spencer always wants to see what the baby looks like on baby center. Nephi doesn't understand yet, but really likes babies. Despite his messes and temper tantrums, he is such a sweet little boy. He has slept with me a few nights this week. He always drifts to the bottom of the bed and lays like he is a dog at the foot of the bed. It is so cute.

The kids and I have really been enjoying our summer. They have really been into earning money and are constantly asking me what they can do to make money. We have tons of stones and rocks in our yard, so I give them a penny for a rock that they pick up. Spencer is constantly going out there saying that he is going to go do his "yard sale." He is so cute. They have had to exchange a lot of money too. I made a new rule that for every hit or kick they give to their sibling, then they have to give him/her a penny. They love the rule when they get a penny, but not so much when they have to pay up.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations!

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

congrats! Christmas will be so special!

Jill said...

You can probably talk your doctor into doing it before Christmas. When we scheduled ours, we got to pick the day, I'm sure you can too - provided the hospital has an opening :)
Congratulations! This is so exciting for you!

Brittany said...

SUCH a perfect Christmas present for us too! hehe! We are so excited!!

Btw my 5 year old nephew Brian (one of the ones that lives next door to my parents) started his first summer job! He is collecting plastic bottles to turn in. It is so cute. Love you guys!