Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My P.H.T. Degree


Stuart and I went on a date to the temple today. After our session, Stuart presented me with my "P.H.T." (Putting Husband Through). He put a lot of work into my diploma, having it full of the correct diploma lingo. He is so sweet! He included the words of his mother's "P.H.T" from his father, "Be it known that Kathleen Spendlove has completed in a most satisfactory and effective manner the major project of admiring, badgering, coaxing, demanding, encouraging, financing, goading, harping, inspiring, jollying, kibitzing, loving, managing, nagging, overseeing, praising, quieting, reminding, suffering, threatening, understanding, vilifying, worrying, and otherwise aiding and assisting her husband in his efforts to complete the requirements for a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Child Psychology from this university." What a wonderful husband I have!

7 comments:

Tara said...

That's so creative and neat. Good for him and congratulations to you! It is a lot of work on both sides to get through a degree.

Spendy said...

Congratulations on your advanced degree, Kathy! Not sure I could ever get my PHT, especially at my age! ;)

Sam Lentz said...

You guys rock! Glad to know you haven't lost your newlywed flare!

TheGefrom5 said...

How sweet! That is so cute. What a nice husband to recognize all your efforts as well. :)

Louise said...

Congratulations Kathy. You have worked hard on your P.H.T. and you really deserve it. I'm so glad Stuart recognized you with a "P.H.T. Degree".

Sarah Brown said...

Congratulations on your P.H.T! I found your blog from your comment on Tim n Tara's post. Hope you don't mind. Sorry I missed you guys while you were here. We have sure missed you guys. Sandy said that you feel at home there. That's great!!!
Lot's of love!

Brittany said...

Love it Kathy! Congrats!!

By the way, love that you put the baby countdown ticker on here!! We love to see how many more days! Yay!