Monday, September 15, 2008

LOL

About a month ago, Stuart and I decided that many of the tween Disney shows/albums were having a bad effect on Summer. I loved High School Musical and loved watching it with Summer. But we started noticing that Summer was idolizing the wrong kind of people(Sharpay to be specific) and was trying to act like them. She really started giving us a lot of attitude. We tried talking to her about certain characters being people that you don't want to be like, but at her age she was just confused because those characters were the pretty ones. Long story short...we told Summer that she couldn't watch certain shows like High School Musical and Hanna Montana (after a particular photo shoot). She has pleasantly surprised us with her willingness to obey us. I really wanted to reward her for her obedience to us and so I was looking at Deseret Book to find the Sound of Music DVD (her favorite movie) to get for her and saw a brand new tween group called LOL (Live out Loud). I got it for her birthday and she absolutely loves it. It is a group of 3 teenagers with good morals and awesome voices. Their music is so fun and upbeat, but more importantly the lyrics have awesome messages. Summer and I both love rocking out to the music. Summer has been asking a lot about the lyrics and telling me what she thinks they mean. It has been so wonderful for her to be asking about good lyrics. This proves to me once again that when you choose the right, even though it may be hard, in the end you are rewarded with something much better. I am so lucky to have Summer as a daughter.

4 comments:

The Tate's said...

Hi you guys!!
I am so glad you guys started a blog. I have been wondering how you guys were doing in San Diego. Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I love all the pictures of your cute family. The picture of the kids in front of the San Diego temple is adorable. They are growing up so fast. If you want to come check it out our blog is christaandadam.blogspot.com. It is so fun to be able to keep in touch. Hope you guys are having a great day!!

Ciera said...

I'm so happy you started to blog! I will email you the link to mine! Its good to see pics of you and your family! I don't update mine too often, but since we haven't seen each other for years it might be interesting to you! Thanks for keeping in touch!

Melissa said...

You sent us an email talking about LOL and a link to their site and I can't find it. Could you send me the info again, please?!!! LOVE YA!

San Diego Spendloves said...

The website for LOL is www.lolthegroup.com.