Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dreams do come true



Last week I was at the grocery store with my 3 youngest boys.  I kind lady smiled and jokingly said, “You should have 3 more.”  I replied, “Oh, I do have 3 more, but they are in school.”  She laughed and went about her day.  

We are asked a lot why do you have so many kids and my answer varies depending on my mood.  When it comes down to it, we have so many kids because these are the children the Lord wants us to have and we want to do what the Lord wants us to do.

Three kids was a hard number of kids for me.  In my heart I knew we were going to have more, but one night after a long exhausting day, in frustration I told the Lord that we were done having kids and that if He wanted us to have more children He had better let me know because as far as I was concerned, we were done.  

That night the Lord answered me in my dreams, as is His usual mode of communication with me.  In my dream I saw 3 young adult boys dressed in suits and ties.  The middle one told me, “I am Benson and we are your sons.”  I could not see their distinct faces because a sheer veil or curtain like thing was in between us.  Needless to say, I woke up with a changed heart.  I felt an overwhelming love for these boys and knew I wanted them in our family. 

In the next years our Benson came, followed by Keith and Adam.  I thought of them as already part of our family before they were born.  But when Adam officially joined our family this past February and I was taking a picture of the 3 boys, I became so emotional.  I told my husband, 

“Dreams do come true.” 



There are not enough words to express my gratitude to the Lord for changing my heart.  For helping me to see that what His will for me was better than what my own will was.  Yes, life is crazy with 6 kids and tears are shed when I am feeling overwhelmed with the task of being a wife and mother to these children.  I make lots of mistakes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.   

No comments: