Sunday, October 31, 2010

Disneyland Trip

The kids had their annual 2 week fall break, so we planned a 3 day trip to Disneyland at the beginning of it. We had so much fun. Even though we are only 1 1/2 hours away, we stayed in a hotel. It seemed much more like a vacation doing it this way. I think though that next trip will be no more than 2 days. By the third day, we were beat and grumpy from staying late and getting up early. So glad that we went though.



Stuart and Summer went on California Screamin' while I took the boys on the Little Mermaid ride. We had never been to California Adventure before and we loved it. Stuart's favorite is still Disneyland because of all of the nastalgia. But I didn't grow up going there and only went last year for the first time. So the modern architecture and vibrant, beautiful colors caught my eyes at California Adventure. We split the trip up pretty evenly so everyone was happy.






The World of Colors was spectacular. Poor Nephi was asleep during the show, but hopefully will be awake next time.




Spencer was not too excited about going in the haunted mansion. It was really fun taking Benson on all of the rides because he just looked around and took everything in. One of the highlights of the trip for me was definitely seeing Peter (my cousin), Christy, and their darling kids. They were so kind to bring us pizza and drinks for lunch at the picnic area. The kids had a BLAST playing with each other, while the adults chatted. I am so glad that we got to see them before he finishes school in Irvine and moves on out.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! You guys took your kids to Disneyland for 3 days? What nice parents you are. I'm glad you had so much fun. I have a season pass if you want to meet there some time.

Louise said...

I'm so glad you had fun at Disneyland. Grandma had fun with Aunt Lisa, Aunt Sarah and Aunt Rebecca. Maybe I can go with you some time next year.