Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BYU's parenting website

Awhile ago, I received a DVD in the mail as an alumuni of BYU's David O. McKay School of Education. The DVD was about positive parenting. It is amazing and I know that they will send you one if you request it. Any ways, while we were in Utah, I stopped to talk to the makers of the DVD (those that did the research) and they told me that they have an interactive website to help parents. The website is http://education.byu.edu/youcandothis/ . It is fantastic! I am amazed at how well Stuart's training at Tech falls in line with this, but it is so nice having a gospel insight/perspective woven into it (surprise, surprise Tech didn't really do that, but luckily Stuart does that!). I hope this helps those who seem as desperate as I do at times.

3 comments:

Louise said...

I looked over the site briefly. I sure wish I had had some those tools in raising our family. I hope everyone with children reads it.

Melissa said...

Looks great. I am going to check it out.

Tara said...

Sarah Thomas found this site a while ago and told me about it. I looked at it quite a bit at the time and loved it. I haven't looked at it recently though. Thanks for reminding me about it. As for missing the post about marriage. I tend to be a little bit of a blog-a-holic and post lots. So I can see how it would be easy to miss something! Thanks for the comments though. I'm glad to see that someone enjoys the blog.