Monday, February 23, 2009

2 more uses that Nephi has found for his step stool

#1 Getting a drink


Things to be thankful for:
- I had a lot of cleaning to do today and Nephi spilled the grape juice before I started. Thankgoodness!!!!
- We are now the excited owners of a carpet shampooer.
- Nephi had a blast playing in the pool that he made.

#2 For the last week or so we have noticed that we are low on spoons. Even after the dishes were all done and put away we seemed to be missing more and more every day. Today I noticed Nephi shoving a spoon in the hole of the heating element tray (not sure if that's what you call it). I took it from him and noticed a few other spoons in there as well so I started taking them out and then noticed some more, and then some more. I found 13 spoons and forks shoved under the heating element tray. At least there was only one of Nephi's plastic baby forks in there. He won't be using it any more since it kind of melted into a deformed fork.

8 comments:

Maleen said...

Nephi makes my life look tame.

I just read on another blog of a friend whose little girl shoved 8 of the little people from the 'LIFE' game up her nose. Kids certainly keep you on your toes.

TheGefrom5 said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is hilarious!! I can not believe that boy!! You seriously have your hands full with that one. :) I know all kids get into things, but he seems particularly good at it ;)

And what a good attutude you have toward it:) I'm feeling better each day, thank you! :)

Melissa said...

Thank goodness for Nephi or you would have nothing to blog about. Just kidding! I know your life is full of all kinds of exciting adventures. And we love that little Nephi!

Luke said...

Katelyn discovered a few months ago that she can get into just about anything she wants if she pushes chairs around. The wonderful independence of preschoolers, hey?

Park Family said...

Oh the joys of having a toddler! Hope you had a good laugh!

Tara said...

He definitely is creative! It makes me feel better to see what fun things other moms get to deal with too! It's nice to know there's always someone else out there dealing with the fun memory making moments of our children's lives.

C said...

Nephi is just as busy and creative as my little Aiden! I caught Aiden pushing kitchen chairs around and then climbing on them, so he can now reach the middle shelf in the pantry! Oh, isn't life with toddlers fun! Brandon used to take all his baby spoons and forks and put them in the space between the outer stainless steel kitchen trash can, and the inner plastic trash can. And Aiden puts tv remotes, flatware and toys in the space under the gas fireplace (that funny and perpetually dusty space for access to the wires and pipes, etc). I never know what he's going to get into next!

Louise said...

Nephi keeps you on your toes, doesn't he. But he so darn cute it's hard to get upset with him. This reminds me of when we lived in San Francisco in a two story apt. My brother gave me a bottle of wine (because I wanted the bottle). It had a large round bottom and a very narrow, long neck. I had it at the top of the stairs and Scott broke it and the wine spilled down the stairs. What mess and it smelled for days.
Scott used to push a chair around and climb up on everything including the fridge! Gotta love being a mother. Love Mom Spendlove